History of Curran Law
Founded in Mauston, Juneau County, Wisconsin
The firm was established in 1935 in Mauston Wisconsin by Attorney Charles P. Curran. The firm later expanded to include Charles' two brothers, William R. Curran and Thomas J. Curran. The younger brothers went on to serve as Judges: William R. Curran as the Circuit Judge for Juneau County for some thirty years, and Thomas J. Curran as U.S. District Judge of the Eastern District of Wisconsin, in Milwaukee, a position he has held from 1984 to the present.
Experience, Dedication, Understanding of Law
For over 70 years, the attorneys in Curran Law have been widely known and respected in Juneau County and throughout Wisconsin for dedication to excellent service, understanding of the law, and respect for clients. The attorneys of Curran Hollenbeck & Orton have established long-standing relationships with clients and the communities of south central Wisconsin.
Largest Law Firm in the Region
The law firm has grown to become the largest in several surrounding counties in Wisconsin. The current staff includes eight attorneys with combined experience of practice in all areas of law, who continue the tradition of integrity and dedicated service which has always been the hallmark of the Curran Law Office.
Growth of Curran Law Office in Wisconsin
Here are a few significant events in the growth of the firm:
- Charles P. Curran (1935 - 1939)
- Curran & Curran (1939 - 1949)
- William R. Curran, partner from 1939 -1950, served as Juneau County Circuit Judge from 1950 - 1980
- Curran, Curran & Curran (1949 - 1950)
- Thomas J. Curran, partner from 1949 - 1983, serving as a Judge, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin from 1984 to the present.
- Curran, Curran & Hollenbeck (1970 - 1988)
- Curran, Hollenbeck & Orton, S.C. (1988 - Present)
- Paul S. Curran, partner from 2003-2008, serving as Juneau County Circuit Court Judge from 2008 to present